CEREC® One-Visit Crowns & Restoration
CEREC (Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic), is a breakthrough computerized 3D technology that allows Dr. Briscoe to create custom dental crowns and veneers right in our La Jolla office. By using this advanced technology, Dr. Briscoe can give you custom, perfectly matched and perfectly fitted dental crowns, veneers, inlays and onlays — all during a single appointment!
Computer-designed, excellent fit
Thanks to advanced technology, Top La Jolla Dentist Charles Briscoe can give his patients top-quality, inlays and onlays, porcelain veneers and dental crowns in San Diego, in a single office visit. His in-house computer-driven laboratory ensures that his patients receive top-quality, durable restorations rapidly and painlessly. And unlike older restoration methods, CEREC restorations are so strong and durable that they can be used on all teeth, including back biting teeth and molars.
Regular dental crowns can take up to three visits, and require the dentist to use a temporary crown before fully restoring your tooth. With CEREC technology, Dr. Briscoe can complete the entire process in a single visit, while you are in the chair at his beautiful La Jolla dental office! CEREC's precision 3D technology allows us to create a customized dental crown that will match your teeth and fit your bite perfectly, without relying on an outside dental lab.
High-quality, natural-looking dental crowns
CEREC restorations are milled from a single block of high-quality Empress porcelain, a substance that is extremely durable and easily tolerated by your body. It is also a beautiful, translucent porcelain that mimics your natural tooth enamel in appearance and texture.
Many people are actually allergic to traditional metal or metal and ceramic dental crowns, and experience swollen, red and receding gums. By removing crowns containing metal and replacing them with CEREC crowns, gums recover completely.
Advantages of CEREC
- CEREC restorations can be completed in just one visit. Whether you need a crown, an inlay or several veneers, the entire procedure can be completed in one visit.
- No temporaries are necessary. Temporary dental crowns and inlays are often problematic. They may be uncomfortable, not fit properly and they may chip or crack, allowing bacteria to harm sensitive tissues.
- You will have fewer injections, and less anesthetic. With just one visit, you won't have to experience injections, sedation or anesthetic more than once.
- You'll have a faster recover time, too. Because CEREC Restorations require less invasive preparation, and because the completed restoration is placed immediately, your tooth and pulp are protected from further damage.
- CEREC restorations look very natural. The CEREC ceramic blocks come in 17 shades, so color matching is easy and precise. Your new dental crown will look like one of your natural teeth.
- We will get it right the first time. With CEREC, Dr. Briscoe sends a precise 3D scan of your prepared tooth and the desired crown directly to the milling machine, so errors are not likely. And with our on-site lab, we can make any needed adjustments quickly and easily — no more waiting while it goes back to an outside lab to be fixed.
- Your crown will feel natural. CEREC restorations are designed to feel like natural teeth. We will custom polish and shape your San Diego dental crowns so they align perfectly and feel comfortable in your mouth.
- Your restoration will be strong and durable. Studies show that CEREC restorations last at least as long as metal crowns, probably longer. They are also less likely to generate an allergic reaction, and they are decay-resistant, protecting your underlying natural tooth structure.
- Dr. Briscoe controls the entire process from start to finish. When permanent crowns or inlays are made at an outside lab, the technician works completely from impressions taken by the dentist. He never sees the patient or evaluates the condition of their teeth and gums. By having the lab a part of his La Jolla office, Dr. Briscoe can oversee every part of the work, and make sure that the dental crown is a perfect fit.
How do you know if CEREC Crowns are right for you?
The best way to find out if you are a candidate for CEREC Crowns is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Briscoe. In a consultation, you can ask all of your questions, and find out if a CEREC crown is what you need.