Cleanings & Checkups
At La Jolla Dental Care, we understand that coming to the dentist for a checkup might not be your favorite activity. But we also know that regular teeth cleaning and dental checkups will keep your teeth healthy and strong. And because the mouth is the gateway to your entire body, regular teeth cleanings and dental checkups can help keep the rest of you healthy as well!
Thorough and comfortable dental checkups
When you come to us for your first visit, La Jolla Dentist Dr. Briscoe will make sure that you get a comprehensive dental exam. A regular teeth cleaning or dental checkup with Dr. Briscoe and your hygienist will always include:
- X-rays: Our x-rays are digital, so they are low in radiation and very precise. Dr. Briscoe will use your x-rays to help him evaluate or spot decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Dr. Briscoe will check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: We will carefully check your gums and bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal disease. We probe six different spots around each tooth on every patient at every visit. These probings are archived for reference at each subsequent visit. (As a point of reference, some of the gum specialists, periodontists, in our area probe only once a year).
- Examination of tooth decay: We make sure to check all tooth surfaces for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: We'll check your current dental fillings, crowns, etc., to make sure that they are in good shape and doing the job.
Gentle, professional teeth cleaning
Our hygienists are very popular with our patients. In addition to thoroughly cleaning your teeth and gums, they will help you understand how best to care for your teeth between cleanings and dental checkups.
While they are working, you can watch a movie or listen to music. Your teeth cleaning appointment will be over before you know it!
$99 New Patient Special Offer